July 21, 2011

Friday shop update: eReader Cases and Book Safes

This week we introduced two new products, eReader Cases and Book Safes.  Both are made from rescued and recycled hardcover books.


{Book Safe and Kindle 3 Case}

I don't mean to toot our own horn here, but as an owner of an eReader myself, I must say that I absolutely love our new cases.  I am an avid reader, a self-proclaimed bibliophile really, so naturally I love my book collections.  I am the type of girl that will fall head over heels for a newly found hole in the wall book store, and get lost in there for hours.  So you see, like many book lovers I had been very snobby toward eReaders at first, vowing to never own one.  What's the point?  If you're like me, then you enjoy the entire experience that comes with reading a book; the smell, the feel, the texture of the pages, the weight of the book itself, it's glorious!  Trust me when I say I cannot get enough and there can never be too many.

Well, as I learned when I moved, there sometimes can be too many.  My big brother almost killed me when he had to carry my 10 "book boxes" (well okay you caught me, it was a bit more then 10 boxes) out of the moving truck.  Luckily for me instead of killing me he gifted me with my very own eReader and I have been hooked ever since.  Now, thanks to my handy case, I am able to carry a copy of my entire library in the convenience of one "book" with me everywhere I go.

Which brings me back to my point and my favorite part about our cases.  Each one is made from real rescued hardcover books!  So now when I read from my eReader, I am still able to enjoy the look, feel, and smell of having a real book in my hands!


{Kindle 3 Case - "Diary of Ellen Rimbauer"}

Being an owner of a Kindle 3, I can honestly say that you can fully entrust the safety of your precious eReader to our new Book Cases.  Unlike other cases on the market, our cases still contain the pages of the books to cushion your eReader; that's right, absolutely no plywood can be found in these babies, we tried to stay true to the makings of the book itself.  For your convenience, we have installed a faux "bookmark" so you can easily take out and charge your eReader.  Each case also includes elastic straps to ensure your eReader stays securely in place.  Personally, I have put mine through the ringer; I have dropped it numerous times (not on purpose, of course) and I have also left it in my car out in plain sight without any fear of theft.  Trust me when I say that your digital book collection is safe within the pages of our cases.


{Kindle 3 Case}

Next, we have our new Book Safes!  Now you can have your very own book safe to keep all of your treasures and secrets from prying eyes.  In my opinion, these are much safer then using a safe, I mean, who would think to look in a simple book on a bookshelf?  Each of our book safes are unique and one of a kind;  like our eReader cases, all of our book safes are hand glued and hand crafted.  The interiors are all hand carved using a scroll saw, then re-lined to match the personalities of each book.  To ensure that all of your secret keepsakes are kept safe, each and every one of our book safes have a magnetic seal to give your goodies that extra bit of protection.


{Stephen King's, "Delores Claiborne" - reincarnated into a book safe}

And the best part?  All of our cases and safes are handcrafted out of real rescued hardcover books.  You get the feel of a real book in your hands, the look of a real book on your shelves!


{"The Classic Fairy Tale Treasury" - doubles as either a book safe or Kindle 3 case}

I know, some have said, "If you're such a huge book lover, then why are you cutting them up?"  My answer is simple.  All of the books we use are rescued, meaning that all of them have already been read, then discarded by their previous owners.  Our book safes and eReader cases are not mass produced in some far away factory out of unsustainable new material.  Like many of the items we make, our eReader cases and book safes are made out of already available material that we then re-purpose and re-create into new items that will then be used again for many more years.  -Marcela

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...